Friday, December 6th, 2013
Serves: 24 people
2 box Ortega Fiesta Flats (12/box)
3+ lbs shrimp cooked
¼ lb radish (fine dice)
¼ lb celery (fine dice)
¼ lb jalapeño (diced and deseeded)
¼ lb red onion (fine dice)
1 bnch cilantro
¼ lb corn off the cob
½ cup lemon juice
½ cup chopped parsley
1 pint mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
5 ea avocado, ripe
3 ea lime
- If shrimp is raw you can begin by poaching it in water and cooling it down. Otherwise begin by chopping the cooked shrimp into half inch pieces, and add to an appropriate mixing bowl.
- Finely dice your celery, onion, radish and jalapeno, wash and chop your cilantro. Add all diced ingredients and corn to the shrimp.
- Add to the mixing bowl a few good pinches of salt and pepper, along with the lemon juice, chopped parsley and mayonnaise.
- Combine shrimp mixture thoroughly. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Scoop three ounces of shrimp mixture into the taco shell, spread out with a knife or spoon and garnish with a slice of avocado and lime.
Friday, December 6th, 2013
Serves: 4 kiddos, makes 4 sticks
2-3 ea sticks of celery
8-10 ea pretzels
10 ea raisins
½ cup peanut butter
- Clean celery sticks completely, wash and dry.
- Cut across the middle, making it into two or three edible sticks.
- Fill the center “U” shape with the peanut butter using a knife, making the body.
- Place one pretzel on either side of the celery stick forming the butterfly wings
- Two raisins for eyeballs on one side and you have a dragonfly!
Thursday, March 21st, 2013
Celery 2013 (Professional Taste Award)
From the kitchen of Susan Bailey
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1/2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
- Toast pecans on a cookie sheet in a single layer at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Cool. Coarsely chop nuts when completely cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream and the next five ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chopped chicken, celery, onion, chopped pecans, and grapes and toss well.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture and mix until well blended.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or on a croissant roll.
Tuesday, January 8th, 2013
4 large egg whites
1 large egg
3 cups of whole Wheat flour or Coconut flour
2 tsp. Cinnamon
¼ cup Apple sauce
2 Tbs. Butter Spread
¼ cup grapeseed oil
2 cups of well grated zucchini
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Sea salt
The juice from 2 fresh squeezed DANDY Meyer Lemons
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray
- Stir together all of your dry ingredients: Flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt.
- Whisk together eggs, applesauce, grapeseed oil, lemon juice until smoothe. Add 2 cups of Zucchini
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour into muffin pan, fill ¾ of the way
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes