Serves: 4-5 people
5 ears Dandy Fresh corn (grilled)
1 large Onion
1 stick Dandy Celery
1 clove Garlic
1 each Potato (any)
1 each Bay leaf
½ stick Butter
2 tablespoons Flour
1 pint Heavy cream
1 cup Whole milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Paprika
1. Begin by firing up your grill at home, briefly grill off your corn ears until some light charring develops and remove.
2. Remove kernels by laying the ear down on the cutting board and cutting swiftly down through the side of the cob, turn and repeat this motion.
3. Be sure to scrape all remaining pulp from the cob with the edge of your knife, this sweet corn milk is the key ingredient!
4. Make your chowder in a large soup or stockpot.
5. Heat butter to medium high and sauté diced onion, celery, garlic and bay leaf.
6. Sauté until translucent, add flour and paprika.
7. Cook out flour briefly and add diced potato, grilled corn, milk and cream.
8. Let simmer on medium-low, covered for about 30-40 minutes.
9. Once potatoes are cooked you’re ready to eat. Season with salt and pepper, enjoy!