1 – 18 oz. package of White Cake Mix
4 egg whites
1 clementine zest
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup clementine juice (6 clementines)
2 tbsp apple sauce
4 clementines, peeled and sectioned
1 container lowfat whipped topping
1 tsp vanilla
The zest of one clementine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add first six ingredients to a mixer and blend well to combine
- Place the batter 3/4 of the way in each tray of a cupcake tin
- Place 1 section of a peeled clementine in the center of the batter for each cupcake
- Top each tin with more batter, then place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, fold the vanilla and clementine zest into the whipped topping to create the icing.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, top them with the whipped mixture and another slice of clementine and enjoy.
Calories per cupcake: 120