3 Meyer lemons
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, separated
1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 300°F with rack in center of oven.
- Butter 8×8-inch baking pan or 1-1/2-quart shallow casserole.
- Finely grate 2 teaspoons zest and then squeeze 1/3 cup juice from lemons; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt.
- In small bowl, whisk together yolks, milk, butter, lemon zest and juice; add to flour mixture; whisk to combine.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Stir about one-third of egg whites into batter to lighten; gently fold in remaining whites (batter will be thin).
- Pour into prepared baking dish; bake until puffed and golden, about 35 to 40 minutes; cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tags: meyer lemon