2 Strips Bacon, cooked
1 Stalk Dandy Celery
2 Dandy Onions, medium
3 Red bell peppers
1 Large Carrot
6 Cloves Garlic, minced
7 Jalapeños, diced
1 Gallon Chicken Stock
1 Whole Roasted Chicken, deboned
1 Bunch Dandy Cilantro, chopped
1 Package Corn tortillas
- Start with a large stockpot. Heat pan over medium heat, and cook bacon until crispy.
- Clean and small dice all vegetables. The trick to this dish is cooking everything in layers, slowly building flavor.
- Add diced onion and bell peppers to the pot, sauté until sweet and colorful.
- Next add diced carrot and celery, sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Add next three ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for minimum 2 hours.
- Shred chicken and add to soup during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Cut tortillas into strips and fry in vegetable oil over medium high heat. Use strips as a garnish with cilantro.