From the kitchen of J.B. Bailey
4 pounds country short ribs
Take out ribs and drain vinegar off (cut in small pieces, optional). Season with salt and ground pepper(if needed).
1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray Barbecue Sauce
1 large Dandy Vidalia sweet onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
2 stalks of Dandy celery
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
1/2 bottle of fruity wine (optional) moscato
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
4 stems of Dandy parsley
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup of sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Soak ribs in vinegar, place in oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Take out ribs and drain vinegar off (cut in small pieces, optional). Season with salt and ground pepper(if needed).
- Cook all of the above together for approximately 10 minutes, except for BBQ sauce and sugar.
- Strain the vegetables, pressing hard to extract all juices, bring the juice to a boil for 10 minutes. Throw away strained vegetables.
- Add a tablespoon of butter, a scoop of sugar, the bottle of BBQ sauce in a large bowl. If sauce is too thick, add 1/2 cup of water.
- In a Dutch oven, add everything including ribs, and then cook for 3 hours. Serve with basmati rice (optional).
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Yields: 4 large servings