1 cup Arborio rice (super fino)
1 Dandy Meyer lemon, zested
½ ea onion
1 ea clove garlic
2 ½ cups mushroom broth
2 cups wild mushrooms (any mushrooms work)
3 Tbs olive oil
1 cup whipping cream
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Using a large saucepan, bring to a medium heat.
- Dice onion, mushrooms and garlic to a fine dice.
- Add olive oil to the pan.
- Sauté mushrooms, let sit without stirring to gain some caramelization.
- Add onion and garlic and continue to sauté until translucent.
- Add rice to the vegetable mixture and deglaze with half of mushroom stock and lemon zest
- Continuously stir mixture, as rice will begin soaking up broth.
- As the mixture thickens add more mushroom stock.
- Continue stirring for 30 minutes until rice is tender.
- Finish with whipping cream, salt and pepper. Enjoy!