1 Head of Dandy® Romaine Hearts
1 Cup sliced strawberries
½ Cup Gorgonzola or Blue cheese (crumbled)
1 Cup pecan halves-candied
1 Cup pecan halves
½ Cup sugar
¼ Cup water
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar and water and microwave or bring to a boil on top of the stove until sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat, add pecans and toss well.
- Remove pecans from liquid and spread on a cookie sheet, oiled or sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely. Can be made ahead of time and stored in a tight lid container.
¼ Cup vegetable oil
2 TBSP Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
2 TBSP sour cream
2 tsp sugar
- Whisk all ingredients until thick and refrigerate.
- Wash and separate lettuce leaves. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Place lettuce into a salad bowl, add strawberry slices, pecan halves and crumbled cheese.
- Toss with dressing and serve. Serves 2 as a luncheon meal, or 4 as a side salad.