Ahi Tuna with Dandy Radish & Black Garlic Salad
Never Miss a Recipe!
Sign up to get fresh recipe ideas and so much more.
What You Need
Find Dandy Radishes
- 1 pound Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 peeled black garlic cloves – mashed with a touch of rice vinegar
- 1 pack of Dandy® Radish ministicks
- 2 green onions – finely sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro – chopped
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 4 sheets Toasted Nori cut into 3-inch squares
- Dice Tombo Tuna into 1/4 inch pieces and place in a bowl in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl mash the black garlic with half of the rice wine vinegar.
- Combine the canola oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, remaining rice vinegar, fish sauce, and grated ginger.
- Whisk dressing and adjust with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use half the dressing to marinate the tuna, use the remaining dressing to toss the radish mini sticks, scallions, and cilantro.
- Place a spoonful of marinated tuna on each square of nori, top with the Radish salad and repeat until all tuna and salad is served.
- Sprinkle the tacos with the toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Recipe by Chef Todd Fisher