Vegan & Gluten-Free Dandy® Celery Soup (Vichyssoise)
Never Miss a Recipe!
Sign up to get fresh recipe ideas and so much more.
What You Need
Find Dandy Celery
- 1.25 lb Package of Dandy® Celery Sticks or 2 whole Dandy® celery stalks
- 2 peeled russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 leeks, tender white and yellow parts only, chopped
- 2 whole, peeled shallots, chopped
- 1 quart filtered water
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 12 oz. package silken tofu
- Juice Dandy® celery - this can be done in juicer or high speed blender. Use cheesecloth or a nut milk bag to separate pulp. Should produce approx. 12 oz. of juice. Refrigerate.
- In medium pot, combine potatoes, leeks, shallots and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Add salt and allow mixture to cool.
- To finish soup, puree potato mixture in high speed blender or with a handheld immersion blender. While blender is running, add chilled Dandy celery juice and silken tofu. Blend until smooth and creamy, adjust for salt. Serve chilled.
Garnish options - poached shrimp or crab, toasted almonds or minced chives.
Tip: This soup can also be served warm. Eliminate cooling time for simmered vegetables and chilling juice.