Dandy® Super Sweet Corn Blackberry Thumbprint Cookies
Never Miss a Recipe!
Sign up to get fresh recipe ideas and so much more.
What You Need
Find Dandy Super Sweet Corn
- 12 T (1 1/2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Granulated Cane Sugar, plus ¼ cup
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 ear Dandy® Super Sweet Corn, stripped from cob, and pureed
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups Corn Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 1/2 T. Blackberry Jam
Recipe by Chef Todd Fisher
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone pads.
- Beat the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer for a few minutes on medium speed, until creamy. Reduce the speed to low; add the sugar gradually, beating until the mixture is light and fluffy. Stop to scrape down the bowl.
- Add the egg and corn puree; beat on low speed until well incorporated.
- Mix together the cornmeal, corn flour, baking powder and salt; on low speed, gradually add to the butter mixture, beating just long enough to create a fairly firm dough.
- Use a 3-tablespoon scoop to make 24 equal balls, arranging them on the two baking sheets and spacing the portions at least 2 inches apart. Use the heel of your hand to flatten each ball to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Use your clean thumb to make a wide, shallow and round indent at the center of each portion of dough.
- Fill the indents with equal amounts of the blackberry jam. (At this point, if the dough seems soft, refrigerate for 10 minutes before baking.)
- Bake (middle rack) one sheet at a time for 15 to 25 minutes or until the edges turn golden. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely before serving or storing.