1. Toss Dandy Super Sweet Corn and Poblano peppers in a small amount of olive oil. Once they are well coated, grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally to keep from burning, but you are looking to char the corn and blister the skin of the peppers.
2. Once the peppers are well charred, place in a bowl and cover to steam, this will make peeling the skin much easier. Allow the corn to cool while the peppers are steaming.
3. Meanwhile, prepare your dressing. In a small bowl combine the sour cream, minced chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, scallions, vinegar, orange juice, and spices, and whisk to combine. Once the dressing is done and the corn has cooled, remove the peppers from the covered bowl and remove the charred skin.
4. Once they have been cleaned, remove the stem and dice them small and add them to the dressing. Cut the corn from the cob, being careful not to cut too deep into the cob. Add the corn to your dressing, and toss well.
5. To prepare the slopes, Brush them with your remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the Oaxaca cheese and bake for 8-12 minutes at 375 till desired crunchiness.
6. Remove from the oven and fill with the Dandy Super Sweet Corn and Poblano Pepper Salad. Top with Dandy Radish Coins and pickled red onions if using.
7. Finally garnish with a Cilantro Sprig and serve.
Chef Todd Tip:
Prepare the Dandy Super Sweet Corn salad up to 2 days in advance and keep it in the refrigerator. When ready to make the sopes, remove the Dandy Super Sweet Corn and Poblano Salad from the refrigerator and let it temper for 30 minutes, then prepare the shells and you are ready to serve.
1. In a small pan bring the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper to a boil, Pour over sliced onions and Cover with Plastic wrap, Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
2. Onions are ready to serve or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe by Chef Todd