Pressure Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken
Never Miss a Recipe!
Sign up to get fresh recipe ideas and so much more.
10 minutes + 5 minutes rest
What You Need
- 4 pounds chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ribs Dandy® celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 lemons
- 2 Dandy® oranges
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Season chicken thighs with paprika, salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When oil is heated, add the chicken thighs, skin side down. Sear for 3-4 minutes on both sides.
- Remove the thighs from the oil and set aside.
- Set instant pot to sauté. When pot is hot add 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- When oil is heated, add onion and celery. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until slightly softened. Juice one of the lemons and one of the oranges. Slice the other lemon and orange into thin slices.
- Turn the instant pot off. Add the juices. Add the remaining ingredients except for the citrus slices.
- Arrange chicken thighs on top of the onion and celery mixture, alternating with citrus slices. Add the lid to the pot and manually set the pot to 8 minutes.
- After the pot has built enough pressure and cooked for 8 minutes, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken thighs and place them on a baking sheet skin side up.
- Place the tray under a broiler for 3-4 minutes to make the skin crispy. Serve with mixture from pot.