Cucumber and Radish Raita
Never Miss a Recipe!
Sign up to get fresh recipe ideas and so much more.
What You Need
5-inch piece seedless cucumber, peeled
3 /4 cup Dandy® Radish MiniSticks
1 green chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced, optional
6-ounce container Greek yogurt, regular or rediced-fat
Juice of 1/2 Dandy® lemon
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise and cut each half crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Thinly slice each piece lengthwise.
- Place the cucumber in a mixing bowl.Add the radishes, chile pepper, if using, the yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and several grinds pepper. Mix with a fork to combine.
- Mix in the cilantro and mint.
- Cover and refrigerate Raita at least 30 minutes, up to 4 hours before serving.
Using Greek yogurt lets you skip squeezing out the cucumber in this refreshing side dish. Serve it with grilled salmon as well as accompanying Indian dishes. Add cooked shrimp or diced chicken for a colorful salad.