1 large (40 oz) can chicken stock
1 sweet onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 stalks DANDY® celery
¼ a head DANDY® cauliflower (4 large florets)
3 ears DANDY® fresh sweet corn, shucked
1 cup ham
Juice of half a lime
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt
½ cup heavy cream
1. Warm stock over medium high heat in a large soup pot.
2. Saute onion in olive oil over medium heat until it begins to soften and turn translucent (10-15 minutes).
3. Dice the celery, cauliflower, and carrots and add to the stock. Add onions. Bring to a medium boil. Boil until vegetables are very tender, stir occasionally to ensure nothing sticks to bottom of pot (approximately 10-15 minutes).
4. Use an immersion blender to blend about ¾ of the vegetables into the soup. If you do not have an immersion blender, cool soup to a safe handling temperature and use a regular blender or omit this step.
5. Remove corn kernels from the cob. Use a serrated bread knife and cutting board for safest removal.
6. Add corn kernels, ham, lime, and salt and pepper to soup. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and finish with cream in the pot just before serving.
8. Serve with a salad made with DANDY® romaine lettuce, almonds, DANDY® clementine slices and your favorite salad dressing.
Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Recipe by The Adventure Bite.