2.5 cups of wheat flour
¼ cup packed brown sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
½ cup margarine
¾ low fat milk
1 cup cranberries (whole cooked or dried)
¼ cup juice from Dandy Orange
2 Tbs. zest from Dandy Orange
- In Large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt then margarine.
- Mix in the cranberries and Dandy Orange zest.
- In separate bowl stir the egg, milk and juice.
- Pour into dry mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Pour onto floured surface, knead briefly. Roll out to ½ inch thickness and cut into circles with biscuit cutter.
- Place scones 3 inches apart onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 min at 375 until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tags: breakfast, Breakfast Recipes, Cranberry Orange Scones, Cranberry Scones, Dandy, Dandy Orange, dessert, Fresh Family Meal Makeover, Low-Fat, Low-Fat Breakfast Recipes, Low-Fat Recipes, Low-Fat Scones, Orange Scones, Scone Recipes, Scones