2 tablespoons butter
2 Dandy Vidalia Onions
½ Cup light sour cream
½ Cup light mayonnaise
½ Teaspoon worcestershire sauce
¼ Teaspoon kosher salt
¼ Teaspoon garlic powder
2 slices of bacon, crumbled
1Tablespoon bacon fat (optional)
- Cook the bacon, reserving bacon fat.
- Cut the onion, thinly slicing the wedges into semi-half moons.
- Heat butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and sweat until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and caramelize onions, stirring occasionally, approximately 20 – 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and garlic powder. Add bacon fat and bacon crumbles, if desired.
- Chill for 2 hours or more. Serve in a bread bowl with toasted bread slices or with potato chips.