For the Celery Spice Cake:
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup finely chopped Dandy Celery
1 cup chopped walnuts
For the Infused White Chocolate Glaze:
¼ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons packed Dandy Celery Heart Leaves
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1-teaspoon grated lime zest
For the Salted Celery Gremolata:
2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
2 tablespoons chopped Dandy Celery Heart Leaves
¼ teaspoon fleur de sel
1. Heat oven 350F.
2. Spray a Bundt pan with no-stick baking spray. In medium
bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt;
3. In large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light
and fluffy. Add eggs; blend well. Add flour mixture alternating with applesauce
beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in celery and walnuts.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake cake for 60 minutes or until wooden pick
inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10
minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack to cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, in 1-cup microwave safe measure, heat heavy cream on HIGH for 30 seconds or until it
begins to simmer. Add celery leaves; let steep 30 minutes. Using a fork,
remove celery leaves pressing them against side of the container and discard.
6. Add white chocolate and butter to cream; reheat in microwave, stirring every
30 seconds until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in lime zest.
Drizzle glaze over cake. Mix walnuts, celery leaves and fleur de sel; sprinkle
over top of cake before glaze sets.
Serves: 12 to 16