Recipe by Michaela Rosenthal
3 large eggs, plus one egg yolk
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup dairy sour cream
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 stalks of celery with the outter ribs peeled and diced
2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
1/4 cup minced candied ginger
zest from 2 large oranges
powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and lightly flour a 6 cup Bundt cake pan; set aside.
- Cream together the eggs, egg yolk, butter, sour cream and sugar to form a batter.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom salt and black pepper.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter and stir until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Stir in celery, fresh ginger, candied ginger and orange zest to the batter.
- Fill the Bundt cake pan with batter and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes and then flip the cake pan upside down on to a cake plate.
- Dust the top of the bundt cake with powdered sugar (optional) when the cake is cool to the touch.