For the salad:
1 Head Dandy Romaine lettuce (washed and chopped)
1 Bundle fresh baby Arugula
½ Red onion (sliced very thin)
1 small English cucumber (sliced thin)
1 Medium Carrot (shredded)
1 Basket Cherry tomato (sliced in half)
1 Dandy Orange (sliced into wedges)
1 Cup Pecans (toasted and chopped)
For the low-sodium dressing:
¼ Cup Champagne vinegar
¼ Cup fresh citrus juice
1 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of Pepper
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 Teaspoons sugar
1. For this delicious sweet and tangy salad recipe, simply gather a large mixing bowl and a small mixing bowl for your dressing.
2. To the large mixing bowl, add all of your sliced and prepared vegetables (excluding the orange wedges–save those as a garnish on the side of the plate).
3. Toss the salad well, keep dry and undressed until ready to serve, set aside.
4. To make the dressing, simply mince the garlic as fine as possible, add to small bowl.
5. Add all remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and whisk rapidly.
6. Immediately pour over your plated salad and garnish with chopped pecans and orange wedges.