1 head romaine lettuce, torn into 4 inch pieces
1 large english cucumber, peeled and cut into ¼ inch sticks (or 2 regular cucumbers)
6 stalks DANDY® celery, diced
1 package DANDY® radish ministicks
1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
1 bunch thai basil, stems removed (regular basil can be substituted)
¼ cup minced mint leaves
1-2 balls cellophane noodles (also called bean thread noodles)
1 package rice paper wrappers (25 wrappers)
1 jar peanut dipping sauce**
1. Lay out all ingredients ahead of time before assembling rolls. You will need a wet paper towel on the table and a pan large enough to fully submerse the wrappers in warm water (I use a cake pan).
2. Heat water to warm but not boiling. Pour about ½ inch of warm water into pan and submerse a wrapper into the water until it is soft and pliable (about 10-15 seconds).
3. Remove wrapper to wet paper towel and fill with ingredients desired. Normal layering is 1-2 pieces of lettuce, 3 basil leaves, layer of cilantro, 2 cucumbers sticks, a layer of diced celery, a small amount of cellophane noodles and a pinch of minced mint.
4. Wrap top and bottom edges in first and then roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
5. Serve immediately with peanut sauce.
Can be made 24 hours ahead of time. If making ahead wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate. If exterior is too dry when serving use a damp rag to rehydrate exterior.
**Note: some peanut sauces can be very spicy. You can dilute it with a bit of milk or applesauce to allow the fresh flavors to shine through better.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Assembly Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 25 rolls
Recipe by The Adventure Bite.