3 Dandy celery hearts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
1 cup Dandy celery, diced
2 tbls. extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbls. honey
1 1/2 cups apple juice
½ cup dry white wine
5 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
1/4 cups walnuts, toasted and chopped
1/4 cups fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and then add the celery halves, making sure they are covered with water. Wait three minutes and then strain and transfer the celery to a jelly roll pan or shallow baking dish.
- Pour apple juice and wine into the bottom of the pan and drizzle the oil and honey over the celery. Season the celery with salt and roast about 25 minutes.
- While celery is roasting, combine diced celery, blue cheese, walnuts, and parsley in a small bowl and season with pepper to taste.
- When the celery has begun to brown, transfer the stalks to a platter and cover partially with foil to keep warm. Pour the excess roasting juices into a small saucepan and reduce over medium-high heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spoon blue cheese mixture over celery, drizzle with reduced braising liquid, and serve.